Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Investigation reveals poor US border security

Recently (see link above for story), federal investigators tested border security by trying to get pass checkpoints using fake driver licenses and birth certificates. At all 9 checkpoints tested, from a variety of states, all of them made it pass. That's outrageous. It's been almost 5 years since 9/11, and people can make it in using fake IDs a bartender could pick out.

I hate to say I was right, (actually I don't) but in my post on Immigration, Guest Workers, and National Unity a couple of days ago I said we need a national database of everyone here legally, including US citizens, with biometric information, i.e. retina scans and fingerprints. This database would be used in part to check the identities of everyone entering the US. This latest study makes it clear that such an idea is worth implementing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home